Friday, May 18, 2007

Election Deaths




I have been receiving a lot of texts about Abra being a nest of deaths during election days. I haven't personally seen or heard any of the news regarding the recent killings but the people who've been texting me did seem to be distressed. I don't know why I myself who is an Abreno don't seem to be affected by the happenings at home. The closest emotion that i can say i feel could be worry. Worry for my family and friends at home.

However, wiith the whole province's state, I don't really care. I'm apathetic. It could be because i haven't gone home to the province for quite a long time now or it could also be because I have given up on my province. It has always been like that since I was a kid. Death and elections had always seemed to go together very well. It's not that I see death every time I open our doors during elections but every election days, there had always been news about death in some part of the province. I remember my father saying it is dangerous to go out at night as a stray bullet may just suddenly greet you.

People kill each other for power. The more fear instilled to enemies, the more power you have. Good officials are killed. Those who contradict the present administration gets killed. I have asked my father to run for mayor, but he only said, "I'd rather live". I have thought of becoming some kind of "punisher" too like that villain in spiderman, so I can put justice in my hands and kill corrupt men, robbers, whoever bad men there are who deserve some sort of punshing. Sounds exciting, but that would certainly involve some skills with guns and martial arts, money, and most of all, a lot of guts. After realizing that nothing would really ever solve the porblem, one just subconsciously gives up and just let things be.

And writing that now, apathy does seem to be a very dangerous state do be in. The state of No Concern. Darn. I shouldn't just wait until I see my family's names in the papers before i be concerned of the severity of the situation in my home province. I hate writing. It makes you realize the bad things about yourself. Grrr...

Maiba na lang. I noticed that i am still just spontaneously writing down thoughts. hehe. But atleast I am more aware of my use of words and grammar which is a good thing to get myself acquainted with letters and writings again. :)

word for the day: tampalasan

sundalo: blablabal
prinsipe desu: tampalasan!

ako: hehehe.. tampalasan. what the hell is that... hehehe... it means "walang galang" daw. :)

2 comments:

Novice Blogger said...

bat di ko makita yung font mo? saka ko lang siya makita pag hinahighlight ko siya. anyway same sentiment bout abra. siguro dahil sa andito kaming lahat sa manila.

prinsipe desu ng jumong? si "hababama"? hehe

lemony said...

haha. yeps. ever heard about lemon ink? :) oo, sa jumong mismo. kumakain ako nun eh, tapos tampalasan sabi ni deso. haha. sorry naman. :)