Monday, September 17, 2007

UPDATES

I have a new hobby at the office -- Crossword Puzzles! I used to play Soduku but I've gotten tired of that. And i think what i lack in writing and speaking are words! I always seem to be at a loss for words even with them white people. I am used to writing papers at college but i've always asked help from -Shift F7-. It has always helped. But there isn't any easy access thesaurus in conversations, so there. Atleast Im not letting my callcenter work make my mind dull.


What have i been up to... I have been addicted to Advance Wars in GameboyAdvanced. It's like a Game's of the Generals Game and Chess and Red Alert at the same time. It's an old game, but it is fascinating. There are two players, (either two people, or a versus game with the PC), who move their pieces alternately. The pieces consists of soldiers, planes, tanks, and ship who's movements and firing ranges have exact distances. And there are also factories, shipyards, and airports, where you can continuosly add pieces to your game with the money you get from capturing buildings. I'm still at Mission 16, there are Three more Countries to save. Haha. Talk of Addiction. The Graphics are very plain but it still is enjoyable. :)

I've been reading a lot lately too. Im currently reading the first book of the 13 Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. It seems to be trying to imitate LOTR that's why I'm not to keen on finishing it.

Now where's my social life... Oh no.





Word for the Day:

en·nui [ahn-wee, ahn-wee; Fr. ahn-nwee] –noun
a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom:

The endless lecture produced an unbearable ennui.
—Synonyms listlessness, tedium, lassitude, languor.



Word History: Were they alive today, users of Classical Latin might be surprised to find that centuries later a phrase of theirs still survives, although as a single word. The phrase mihi in odiō est (literally translated as "to me in a condition of dislike or hatred is"), meaning "I hate or dislike," gave rise to the Vulgar Latin verb *inodiāre, "to make odious," the source of the Old French verb ennuyer or anoier, "to annoy, bore." This was borrowed into English by around 1275 as anoien, our annoy. From the Old French verb a noun meaning "worry, boredom" was derived, which became ennui in modern French. This noun, with the sense "boredom," was borrowed into English in the 18th century, perhaps filling a need in polite, cultivated society.

No comments: